Christopher A. Anselmo
BSBA, CPA/PFS, MBA, JD, LLM
- True to our Mission Statement, Chris Anselmo has dedicated years of study and practice in the areas of accounting, tax, finance and law.
- Chris Anselmo, our President, is both an attorney and CPA. In 1984, he received his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (B.S.B.A.) from John Carroll University, where he majored in accounting. In 1989, he received both his Master’s in Business Administration (M.B.A.) and his Juris Doctor (J.D.) degrees from Cleveland State University, where he concentrated in taxation, finance and business law. In 1990, Chris Anselmo received his Masters of Law (LL.M.) in Real Property, Land Development, and Finance Law from the University of Miami.
- Chris Anselmo is also a Personal Financial Specialist (PFS). The PFS credential demonstrates that an individual has met the education, experience and testing required of a CPA in addition to a level of expertise in personal financial planning.
- Chris Anselmo has led presentations on various topics, including: Financial & Estate Planning, Living Trusts, Asset Protection, Charitable Trusts, S Corporations, Deferred Like-Kind Exchanges, Limited Liability Companies, Family Limited Partnerships, and IRS Collection Practices.
- In order to fulfill our Mission Statement, Chris has obtained the necessary licenses/ registrations to work with Stocks, Bonds, Mutual Funds, Annuities and Health, Disability, and Life and Long-Term Care Insurances for our clients.
- Chris and Connie have two children, Nicole and Gino. Chris enjoys spending time with their children and is an avid golfer.
Director of Operations
- Jennifer has been with Brookside for over 12 years. She obtained her Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Baldwin Wallace University where she majored in accounting and human resource management. She then attended Ohio Dominican University where she obtained her Master’s in Business Administration. Jennifer also has her health and life insurance license.
- Jennifer works with Chris Anselmo to assess the needs of the organization, make decisions for operational activities, and set strategic goals for the firm. She also works closely with our clients to assist with their financial, tax, and estate planning needs.
- Jennifer lives in Strongsville and enjoys traveling and trying new restaurants around Cleveland.
Jeffrey P. Corrigan
Tax and Insurance Advisor
- Jeff excels in consulting our clients in the areas of taxation and income and retirement planning. He worked closely with George Heidenreich, our founder, and Chris Anselmo in growing and developing Brookside Tax & Financial Group, LLC into the firm we are today. His mission is to help clients achieve their financial goals by providing solutions to help protect their financial future while providing peace of mind as they approach retirement.
- Jeff has over 20 years of experience in taxation and has earned the proper licenses to be able to offer strategies to further the financial success of our clients.
- Jeff and his wife, Kathy, live in Columbia Station. They have four children. Jeff enjoys spending time with his family, traveling and loves to cook.
- Cheryl joined the firm in 2003. She earned her BSBA in accounting from John Carroll University and completed the Certified Public Accountant exam shortly after graduation. Her initial work was with TRW in their International Tax Department. She has over 30 years of individual tax preparation experience.
- Cheryl and her husband, Jim, live in Strongsville and have raised four children. She is an adoption advocate and volunteers weekly at Providence House (a crisis nursery for children).
- She is an avid sports fan, especially the Fighting Irish and the Buckeyes!
- Regina joined our team in 2008. She has been working as our full time administrative coordinator. She enjoys the variety of work that comes from working in a tax and financial office, but finds the interaction with the clients not only to be the most important part of her job but also her favorite.
- She and her husband, Steve, reside in Brook Park and have three children and one grandchild.
- Regina and Steve enjoy biking, hiking, and vacationing in the Gulf Coast town of Manasota Key, Florida and Gatlinburg, Tennessee. They are also avid Browns Fans.
BSBA, MBA, JD
- Steve lives in Aurora, OH. He started in the tax department at Ernst & Whinney and was the first member of the tax department at Progressive Insurance. Steve received his B.S.B.A. in Accounting from Xavier University and an MBA in Finance and Law from Loyola University of Chicago.
- Steve is an active registered Attorney in the state of Ohio.
BA, M ED, EA
- Gene joined the firm in 2001 after retiring from teaching for 35 years. He became interested in tax & accounting when he took on the role of treasurer of his teachers’ association. Taking accounting courses at night, he eventually qualified to sit for the CPA exam.
- In 2006, Gene earned his Enrolled Agent (EA) designation. This signifies that he is licensed by the U.S. Treasury to prepare any and all types of tax returns and to represent taxpayers before any level of IRS. Gene has been providing tax & accounting services to individuals and businesses for over 20 years.
- Gene and his wife, Kathy, have two married daughters and three grandchildren.
- Brenda started her tax career with the Internal Revenue Service while she attended Cuyahoga Community College. During her tenure with the IRS, Brenda was an Auditor in the Office Audit Division and later as an Appeals Officer in the Appeals Division. When she left the service, Brenda went into private practice. She joined Jack’s Tax Service in 1996 working with Jack Cameron. When Brenda is not preparing tax returns, she works at a local payroll firm doing payrolls for small businesses.
- Brenda and her husband, John, have 3 daughters, Katie, Julie and Kellie. Brenda is an avid Cleveland sports fan.
- Jeanne is the widow of our late founder, George Heidenreich. Jeanne has served as the executive assistant for the last several years. She has been with the company for over 20 years. Her role in the company has been vast. She is a licensed insurance agent and a tax preparer. Jeanne acts as a client liaison.
- Jeanne has six grown children and six grandchildren. Her hobbies include reading, writing and exercising.